About Company

European vanguard for jazz and blues from world’s top musicians, in basement club with late bar.

The club opened on 30 October 1959 in a basement at 39 Gerrard Street in London’s Soho district. It was set up and managed by musicians Ronnie Scott and Pete King. In 1965 it moved to a larger venue nearby at 47 Frith Street. The original venue continued in operation as the “Old Place” until the lease ran out in 1967, and was used for performances by the up-and-coming generation of musicians.

Portfolio